To provide the University with a comprehensive interdepartmental service that handles the timely movement, delivery, transportation, surplus and disposal of campus resources as needed by the UIC community.
Some services provided are:
- Moving of office furniture within a building
- Relocating entire offices or departments
- Emergency relocation of offices/departments due to moves or building renovations
- Set up and provision of materials for special events
- Delivery of freight too large or heavy to be handled by individual departments
- Delivery of various publications to be distributed on campus
- Pick-up and delivery of surplus furniture and equipment
- Residence hall furniture inventory and redistribution
- Lab equipment and perishable resource handling
- Central Receiving Services
*Departments having a need for moving services must initiate a work order in the FAMIS system. Work requests should be made as far in advance as possible, because services will be provided on a first-come, first-service basis. However, every attempt will be made to accommodate specialized needs and emergencies.
Planning a MOVE only?
Prior to submitting an FMWeb Estimate Request, please contact the Facilities Management Movers at (312) 996-2841 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you determine if an Estimate Request or one-time Billable Service Request is required.
Additionally, please refer to the UIC OBFS Standards for the Procurement, Transfer, Disposal, and Reallocation of University assets at https://www.obfs.uillinois.edu/bfpp/section-12-property-accounting/.
To submit a request, please use the FMWeb system. All University employees should be able to login into FMWeb using their University NetID and password. If you experience a problem logging into FMWeb, please contact our Customer Support team at (312) 996-7511 or email@example.com.