Setting up and using a TransLōc Account
To request Night Ride service, please create a TransLōc account. TransLōc is used to request Night Ride service and provides real-time tracking for all riders.
Download the complete instructions (pdf) for creating a TransLōc account.
Setting up a TransLōc Account Heading link
- Go to TransLōc Rider, open the Rider application and select University of Illinois Chicago as the transit system.
- Click the OnDemand icon (seated person in lower left corner) to access UIC’s OnDemand services.
- Select University of Illinois Chicago from the list that states: sign in with your university login.
- Complete the TransLōc account creation process – all accounts are free.
- Once your account has been created, you can sign in anytime using your UIC credentials.
Requesting a ride Heading link
Requesting a ride
- After tapping the icon and signing in to your TransLōc account, click the Request a Ride button.
- Enter the address where you would like to be picked up. There are multiple ways to input an address:
- Type the address into the search bar.
- Click the My Addresses drop-down and select the address from the list. If you do not have any saved addresses, you can add them to the system.
- Move the pin on the map by dragging the map on the screen. The location of the green pin is where you’ll be picked up.
- Enter the address where you would like to be dropped off.
View Ride Status Heading link
View ride status
Once you’ve scheduled a ride, click View Ride and you will be taken to a live map showing your pickup and drop-off locations along with the vehicle itself. This page also displays your estimated pickup time.
A text message will be sent to the phone number you provided for your account (Note: you will not receive text messages if you did not provide a mobile phone number for your account.) This message will be sent 3-5 minutes prior to the vehicle arriving to your pickup location, giving you plenty of time to prepare and be waiting for the vehicle. A text message will also be sent to you when the driver arrives at your location.
Why use TransLoc Rider Heading link
Why use TransLōc Rider?
Don’t waste time waiting for the bus. Plan your trip with precision and confidence with clear, up-to-the-minute arrival predictions.
Stay informed—know precisely where your bus is at any time and monitor its progress toward you or your destination.
Set customized alerts and know exactly when your bus will arrive.
Things happen. With TransLōc Rider you’ll be automatically notified of any delays so your trip goes smoothly.