Campus Auto Rental Service (CARS)
The Campus Auto Rental Service (CARS) provides vehicles for rental on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. We offer sedans, 7-passenger vans, 12-passenger vans, and 15-passenger vans for use by UIC faculty, staff, and student employees. Vehicles are to be used by employees for conducting university business only.
Please see Business and Financial Policies and Procedures Section 15 - Use of University Motor Vehicles for University rules and eligibility requirements.
Vehicle Rental Rates Heading link
CARS fleet rental rates are posted on the CARS Rates page.
- Drivers must possess and present a valid driver’s license issued by their state of residence.
- The driver’s license needs to be appropriate for the type of university motor vehicle that the employee is authorized to drive.
- Drivers must agree to operate university motor vehicles in accordance with applicable state and local laws, and university regulations.
- Drivers must have a copy of their Departmental Driver Approval Form on file with their department. (This document may not open properly in all browsers. If you get an error message, please download the file and open it in Acrobat Reader or try a different browser.)
Reserving a Vehicle Heading link
Call the CARS Reservation Office at (312) 996-2886 (6-AUTO) to reserve a vehicle. Please have the following information available:
- Department name
- Driver’s name & telephone
- Date and time of vehicle pickup
- Date and time of return
- Vehicle type (sedan, 7-passenger, 12-passenger, 15-passenger)
- C-FOP account number
Vehicle Pickup Heading link
You may pick up your vehicle on the day of your reservation during CARS business hours:
- Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
If you need to leave before 7 a.m., please come in the day prior to complete your reservation. If you are leaving on Saturday or Sunday, please come in on the Friday prior.
You MUST bring the following items with you:
- A completed and SIGNED (by department head) Car Release Order form. (This document may not open properly in all browsers. If you get an error message, please download the file and open it in Acrobat Reader or try a different browser.)
- Your current driver’s license
- Alternate drivers (any authorized driver in addition to the primary driver whose name is listed on the Car Release Order Form) must read, provide the information requested on page three, and sign the Alternate Drivers Car Release Certification Form. (This document may not open properly in all browsers. If you get an error message, please download the file and open it in Acrobat Reader or try a different browser.)
- All authorized drivers must present their current driver’s license for inspection. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Vehicle Return/Cancellation Policy Heading link
Upon return, fill out the mileage card and bring the card and vehicle keys into the office. After office hours, you may use the key drop box at the rear of the Transportation facility.
If you are unable to return on your specified day, please inform the CARS office as soon as possible at (312) 996-2886. You may be charged for additional days.
If you have reserved a vehicle, you must cancel the reservation no later than 24 hours prior to your scheduled pick-up date. Otherwise, a one-day rental will be charged to your account.
Location and Hours Heading link
The CARS office is located at the Transportation Facility (View Map).
Address: Transportation Facility (MC 269), 1351 South Morgan Street, Chicago, IL 60608
Phone: (312) 996-2886 — Fax: (312) 413-4093
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (CT) Monday through Friday